Sunday, July 5, 2009

WRAP or Whippet Rescue and Placement


Many of you may not know, but in addition to Sowagla Whippets, I am a long time (over 12 years) volunteer for Whippet Rescue and Placement or WRAP which is under the auspices of The American Whippet Club, of which I am also a member. There are usually not a lot of whippets in rescue, but when there are, we have volunteers all over the country to help out whippets in need. It has been a while since I have actually had a WRAP whippet at my home, over a year since I had 2 boys in here at once.

I now have a girl that I picked up on Friday and she is available for adoption. She is not up on the WRAP website yet http://www.whippet-rescue.com/ but will be soon. So I thought i would preview her here. I am ready to start taking applications on her adoption so if you think you might have a place for her in your home and in your heart, please fill out the adoption form on the WRAP website http://www.whippet-rescue.com/ and send it to me at canineart@windstream.net

Here is a little bit about Winni Marie....

She is not from a shelter nor was she a stray, she is an owner turn in. They can no longer keep her due to changing family circumstances. Winni Marie is a very attractive, 5 year old,black with white trim, spayed female whippet. Her coat is glossy and her eyes are huge and expressive. Winni is loving though slightly aloof with strangers when she first meets them. Winni must go to a home with another dog because she had some anxiety when her former owners firt got her and a second dog solved that problem. Winni is great in my house, gets along well with my other dogs and crates well when I leave. She loves to play and chase thrown objects in the yard. She comes with lots of accessories, collar, lead, toys, blankets, bed, dishes and coats. Winni's adoption fee is $300 which goes to WRAP to help other whippets in need.


No comments: